Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you’re at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It’s perfect when you want to watch a DVD, install software, create backup discs and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road, and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you’re working.
The essence of simplicity.
You’ll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, iMac or Mac mini with a single USB cable that’s built into the SuperDrive. There’s no separate power adaptor, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
The USB SuperDrive is compatible with the following Macs:
- MacBook Air with Retina display(1)
- MacBook Pro with Retina display(1)
- MacBook Air
- iMac (late 2012) and later
- Mac mini (late 2009) and later
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
(1) MacBook, MacBook Air with Retina display and MacBook Pro models with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports require a USB-C to USB Adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB SuperDrive.